Visit Norway Sweepstakes 2009
Win a trip for two—and run the Midnight Sun Marathon in Tromsø, Norway in 2010! Enter to win from September 15th to October 15.
If you are the lucky winner, you and a friend will get to fly with Continental Airlines to beautiful Tromsø to run the Midnight Sun Marathon on June 19, 2010. Stay three nights at the new Clarion Bryggen Hotel in Tromsø—with a roof-top jacuzzi with splendid views of Tromsø Bridge, The Arctic Cathedral, and Mount Tromsdalstinden!
Enter to win here. The promo code is: NorwayRun09.
Nine time NYC marathon winner Grete Waitz’s top ten reasons to visit Norway
1.The Midnight Sun: In Northern Norway the sun never sets in the summer months
2.The Norwegian Fjords; some of our magnificent fjors are listed on UNESCO’s Heritage List
3.Vigelandsparken, in the heart of Oslo, park with sculptures by renowned artist and sculptor Gustav Vigeland
4. Holmenkollen Ski Jump: in Oslo (NB! The ski jump was demolished in October 2008. A new ski jump will be built for the 2011 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships. During the building process the temporary Holmenkollen Visitors’ Centre will provide information about the famous ski arena.)
5. The Flåm Railway: (Flåmsbana) between Myrdal and Flåm in Western Norway
6. The Pulpit Rock: (Preikestolen), outside Stavanger: mountain plateau with breathtaking views
7. The North Cape: the farthest north you can get on mainland Europe, and a great place to view the Midnight Sun duringthe summer months
8. The Opera House, Oslo: an architectural piece of art
9. Bryggen, The Hanseatic Wharf in Bergen: 62 UNESCO protected buildings from the Hanseatic era
10. The Trollstigen Mountain Road: one of Norway’s most dramatic mountain roads