Specialist health service approaching NOK 100 billion


The specialist health service reaches NOK 100 billion in operating costs and 100,000 man-years. The costs are still increasing, but not as fast.

Specialist health service – national level

In 2009 the Norwegian specialist health service cost NOK 99 billion including depreciation. Health enterprises owned by the central government account for 91 per cent of the costs, and the private sector for the remaining 9 per cent of the costs. The costs increased by 5 per cent from 2008 to 2009, the lowest annual cost increase in 2005-2009. The increase was approximately the same in the central government sector and in the private sector.

The number of contracted man-years adjusted for long-term leave amounted to 95,000. Man-years increased by 0.7 per cent from 2008 to 2009. The number of beds amounted to 22,000, with no increase from 2008. The number of outpatient treatments reached 6.3 million; an increase of 9 per cent.

Source: Statistics Norway

The Norwegian American

Published since May 17, 1889 PO Box 30863 Seattle WA 98113 Tel: (206) 784-4617 • Email: naw@na-weekly.com

You may also like...

%d bloggers like this: