- This event has passed.
ONLINE: Virtual Fiber Fun: Needle Felting with Isobel Coney
17 June, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Join the National Nordic Museum for a fun hands-on family-friendly craft class! Learn the basics of needle felting, which involves safely using a felting needle to sculpt wool. In this class you’ll learn to make colorful beads and cute critters. This class is appropriate for youth ages 10+. One ticket per family.
This Zoom class will occur over two mornings
- July 17th, 10:30am–12:00pm Pacific Time
- July 24th, 10:30am–12:00pm Pacific Time
Materials are not included with tickets. Here are the materials you’ll need for this class:
- A selection of needle-felting needles and wooden handle to put your needle in, our instructor recommends this product.
- Leather finger protectors to protect your fingers, our instructor recommends this product.
- Colored wool roving, our instructor recommends this product.
- A large sponge. Some product options here, here, and here.
- Some thread/string for threading felt beads onto, our instructor recommends this product.
- Large sharp darning needle with a large eye hole for threading beads on to your string, our instructor recommends this product.
Cost: $35 for Members; $40 general admission