National Day party at Sjømannskirken i New York
May 15 - May 17
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this year’s National Day celebration at Sjømannskirken i New York will also be adapted to local conditions, guidelines from Norway and local authorities. Places are therefore limited. EVERYONE must sign up, see forms below. First come, first served!
Program for the celebration of this year’s national day:
- Saturday, May 15th
- 12:00–4:00 pm : Open shop/church
- 1:00–3:00 pm: Family porridge on the roof terrace. Suggested donation for porridge $5, payable at church. Link to registration.
- Sunday, May 16th
- Monday, May 17th
- 10:00 am–12:00 pm: Breakfast and flag raising on the roof terrace. Link to registration.
- 1:00–3:00 pm: Coffee, cake, sausages, ice cream, soft drinks and waffles on the roof terrace. Link to registration.
- 4:00–6:00 pm: Coffee, cake, sausages, ice cream, soft drinks and waffles on the roof terrace. Link to registration.
The store will be open from 12:00–6:00 pm with the opportunity to shop Solo and Norwegian goodies.
Some guidelines for this to be a safe event for everyone:
1. Everything takes place outdoors.
2. We still encourage everyone to wear a face mask and keep a social distance.
Registration deadline: 10 May
Admission (May 17): $25 for adults, $15 for children up to 12. (Children under 5 free, max $100 per family). Entrance fees cover coffee, cake, sausages, ice cream, soft drinks and waffles.
Feel free to post photos from your celebration and use the hashtag #DCNYMAY17
Welcome to the national day party at Sjømannskirken!