Announcement of the new committee
The new Committee of The International Ibsen Award was announced by the Norwegian Minister of Culture 28th of January.
The new committee will announce a winner of the award every second year in Skien at The International Ibsen Conference. The prize will be handed out during The International Ibsen Festival at The National Theatre, Oslo, the following year.
– We are very pleased with the new committee, which consists of people with broad experience and knowledge within theatre and drama, says Ms. Anniken Huitfeldt, the Norwegian Minister of Culture.
The International Ibsen Award honors an individual, institution or organization that has brought new artistic dimensions to the world of drama or theater.
The new members of the committee are:
- Per Boye Hansen (leader). Former director of Komische Oper, Berlin, and present leader of Bergen International Festival.
- Therese Bjørneboe. Norwegian theatre critic and editor of Norway´s only theatre magazine, Norsk Shakespeare-og teatertidsskrift.
- Sir Brian McMaster. Former leader of The Edinburgh International Festival.
- Christiane Schneider. Former artistic director of the Münchener Kammerspiele,since the 2010-11 season, director of artistic planning at the Münchener Kammerspiele.
- Hanne Tømta. Theatre director and artistic and general director of The National Theatre, ICON and The International Ibsen Festival.
Members that continue their engagement in the committee:
- Kamaluddin Nilu. Theatre director, actor and Ibsen researcher. Former Secretary General and Artistic Director of Centre for Asian Theatre (CAT), Bangladesh.
- Øyvind T. Gulliksen. Professor of American Literature and Culture at Telemark University College, Bø.
Consultant for the prize: Einar Bjørge, Cand. Philol in theatre.
For more information visit the homepage of Ibsen Awards
Source: Ministry of Culture