Enjoy America’s oldest and only Norwegian newspaper
We are the voice of Norwegian America, the oldest and only Norwegian-American newspaper still in existence, publishing since 1889, with a enduring commitment to serve our community.
- The Norwegian American is a 24- to 28-page tabloid-sized newspaper, published twice monthly in English with three pages in Norwegian. Sections include news from Norway, business, sports, opinion, research & science, travel, food & drink, arts & entertainment, Norwegian heritage, Norwegian language resources, news from the Norwegian community, and a calendar of events.
- Special expanded issues, produced roughly every third issue, include more color pages to focus in-depth on a subject of interest to the Norwegian-American community.
- A weekly email newsletter, sent each Friday, highlighting the top stories of each issue.
- Our website gives you access to thousands of articles in our archives.
- You can also enjoy The Norwegian American on social media, together with thousands of other followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.