A walk along Lapskaus Boulevard

Norwegians find traces of their American cousins in this historically Norwegian neighborhood Lagertha Aslaug Brooklyn, N.Y. This past November the ladies from Vanse, Norway, and beyond took their annual shopping jaunt to New York. These trips have become an annual excursion for about a decade, all organized by Liv Lyngsvag. About six or seven years ago, Liv thought it would be a good idea to expand the scope of the trip by offering the ladies an opportunity to visit Brooklyn so that they could learn about the history of their fellow country people who settled there, as well as to meet local Norwegian Americans. It is also a way to strengthen the partnership betwee
Become a subscriber to keep reading and gain access to 1000s of articles! Start reading for as little as 10 cents a day. Digital subscriptions start at $7 for one month of access, and a one-year digital subscription is only $30.
Subscribe_ Today
Check out our subscriber plans
Already a subscriber? Log in here
Norwegian American Logo

The Norwegian American

Published since May 17, 1889 PO Box 30863 Seattle WA 98113 Tel: (206) 784-4617 • Email: naw@na-weekly.com

You may also like...

%d bloggers like this: