100% Norway in London
Having crisscrossed design Norway to look for the latest launches, a few classics and some exciting prototypes, the curators for 100% Norway have now made their final choice. Check out the list of the selected designers and manufacturers here!
100% Norway will once again take part during the London Design Festival at 100% Design, Earls Court, from 23 to 26 September. Building on the success of previous years, 100% Norway 2010 will showcase works of both established and up-and-coming designers, and feature a number of the country’s leading manufacturers. This will be the seventh time the exhibition visits London to act as a door opener for Norwegian designers and manufacturers to the British market and simultaneously build awareness of Norwegian design in the UK and internationally.
For the fifth year in a row, the show has been curated by Henrietta Thompson, design editor with Wallpaper* magazine, along with co-curator Benedicte Sunde from the Norwegian Design Council. After a thorough selection process, which you can read more about here, the curators have selected the following manufacturers and designers to take part in 100% Norway 2010:
- Aksel Hansson
- Alex Hellum (prototype)
- Cathrine Maske
- Christoffer Angell (prototype)
- Fjordfiesta – with designs by Andreas Engesvik and Hans Brattrud
- Fora Form – with designs by Tveit&Tornøe and Sven Ivar Dysthe
- Hallgeir Homstvedt (prototype)
- HÅG – with designs by Peter Opsvik
- Klart Glass – with designs by Kari Håkonsen & Vidar Koksvik
- Kristine Bjaadal (prototype)
- LK Hjelle – with designs by Norway Says, Hallgeir Homstvedt, Anderssen & Voll
- Northern Lighting – with designs by Hareide Designmill, Tveit & Tornøe, Frost Produkt and Birger Dahl
- Røros Tweed – with designs by Anderssen & Voll
- Scandinavian Surface
- Simen Aarseth (prototype)
- Siren Wilhelmsen (prototype)
- Stryn Møbelindustri – with designs by Olav Eldøy
- VAD – with designs by Tveit&Tornøe
- Varier – with designs by Peter Opsvik, Olav Eldøy, Terje Ekstrøm
- Wik & Walsøe
- Øyvind Wyller & Truls Schia (prototype)
One or two more names may be added in the coming weeks to this list depending on confirmation of that the selected products will be finalised by September.
Of the selection, curator Henrietta Thompson said: “This year we were so happy to see that the standard of work submitted for inclusion in the show was higher than ever. It is inspiring to witness a new generation of talented young designers emerging and very encouraging that the established manufacturers are not afraid to invest in it. Doubtless there is a great diversity in Norwegian design today and any number of rich and fascinating stories to tell, and we can happily say that we were spoilt for choice.”
For more information and photos of the chosen products, check the Norwegian Design Council website in the coming months or follow us on Facebook.
Source: Norwegian Design Council