SAS introduces mobile boarding passes
It is now even easier to travel with SAS Scandinavian Airlines, as the airline has introduced mobile boarding passes. This means SAS customers can now travel using only their mobile phone and with an ID card/passport.
“SAS continues to save valuable time for our customers. Now customers can check-in on our mobile site or via SMS and receive a 2D bar code that functions as their mobile boarding pass,” says Lena Rökaas, Vice President Product & Customer Services, Scandinavian Airlines.
“For years we have worked hard on providing our customers time efficient travel solutions, and with the introduction of mobile boarding passes we have taken one step closer to hassle free travel,” says Rökaas.
The mobile boarding pass contains a 2D bar code that can be read electronically at the airport. The 2D bar code can be used to get baggage tags from the SAS Self Service kiosks, at security screening, duty-free shopping, entering SAS lounges and when boarding.
Mobile boarding pass will be available if you check-in via SMS or SAS mobile site, Mobile.flysas.com on the following destinations with SAS and SAS subsidiary Blue1:
· Domestic flights within Scandinavia and Finland;
· Intra Scandinavian flights and to/from Finland;
· Flights to Europe and Asia; and
· Selected flights from Europe.
The service will be available to all passengers with mobile internet (WAP).
Benefits with mobile boarding pass:
· No paper boarding pass to keep track of;
· No need to print out boarding pass at the airport, saving time and our environment;
· The mobile boarding pass keeps you updated with information about your flight since it is automatically updated with information about gate number and other flight information.